"Wine is not only drank, but also smelled, observed, tasted, it is sipped and...talked about."
Berluti Gualtiero, farmer from Castel Leone di Suasa, expert vine pruner, who moved from Montecarotto to Ancona in 1948 in pursuit of good fortune, and there he opened a wine bar - trattoria with the help of his father Agostino and his wife Erina. After a few years they started producing wine, at first buying the grapes and then taking care of the vinification of the grapes from their vineyard planted in '66 on the hills of Candia.
In 1961 the farm was moved to Via Montagnola where it remained until 1973, when it reached its current location in Via della Madonnetta. In 1970 the company's management, which had always been in the family, was taken over by the sons Dino and Mario when Gualtiero passed away.
Their sons are part of the company today as well. The initial 9 hectares, thanks to continuous investments from the Wine Company Berluti, now amount to a 45 hectares vineyard.
Strada della Madonnetta, 347